Monday, May 13, 2013

Bethanyism #19


Happy Monday!!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I know it was a busy one for me between work and other celebrations for friends and family. 

Here's your Bethanyism for the week!

For those new readers, you can read this post for the explanation on what a Bethanyism is. I post a new one every Monday with the hope that they will inspire, make you think or spark some creativity, either in myself or others.

"The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they do not wish to see anyone suffer the way they do." - Anonymous

This week's quote is something that I always seem to struggle with. I never want to see another person suffer, and more importantly, I never want to be the cause or root of hurting another person. Until I found this quote, I had never taken the time to ponder why that is. 

In the wake of Matthew's death, (for those who don't know about Matthew, read on here.) I have talked to a few friends about "the hurt". Losing someone, hurts so much. Although sometimes the hurt is so big that it can't be felt all at once, but in smaller chunks. I am of the belief that hurt has to be felt, and dealt with so the healing can begin. It's a part of the grief process. 

I think it's because of these beliefs that I don't like to see people hurt. I like to help others when I can. All because I don't want to ever cause anyone to hurt the way that I do. 

What do you think about this week's quote? 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...