Saturday, February 16, 2013

Can I Tell You A Secret?

I have a good friend who is really into mysteries and spy craft. He really likes things like hidden doors and secret messages, which was why when I saw this idea on Pinterest, I knew I had to make a set of these secret message glasses for my friend! 
 

Didn't they turn out awesome?!
 
I used my awesome Silhouette machine to make the stencil, flip the wording backward, and cut the stencil out of vinyl. I used the following phrases: "I spit in that", "this isn't your glass", "you have just been poisoned" and "did it taste funny?" 
 

 I applied the stencils to the bottoms of the glasses I bought, making sure you could read the sayings through the bottom of the glass. 




I taped off the edges around the stencil, just to make sure I didn't get any etching cream where I didn't want it to go. 


Then I applied the etching cream. I use Armour Etch, which you can buy at Michael's or your local craft store.


 The directions say to leave the etching cream on for 5 minutes, but I like to leave it on a little longer, usually about 20 -30 minutes. Then you just wash it off in the sink, and I have a soft sponge I use for etching projects to make sure all the cream comes off. 
 

 Once all the cream is washed off, peel off the stencil and see your pretty design. 


 I'm so excited with how these turned out, even though a few of the stencils bled in a few spots, but you can still read them so I'm calling it a success. 

What do you think?



I'm sharing this project at the following link parties: 

~ What's In The Gunny Sack @ The Gunny Sack ~ Tutorials & Tips @ Home Stories From A to ZTake-A-Look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee Crafts ~ Too Cute Tuesday @ Funky Polkadot Giraffe ~ Teach Me Tuesday @ Some Day I'll LearnTime To Shine @ A Diamond In The Stuff ~ Tell Me Tuesday @ Him & Her ~ Show Me Whatcha Got @ Not Just A Housewife ~ Hoo's Got Talent @ Night Owl Crafting ~ Lil Luna Linky Party @ Lil Luna ~ Your Whims Wednesday @ My Girlish Whims ~ Wow Me Wednesday @ Ginger Snap Crafts ~ Wicked Awesome Wednesday @ Handy Man, Crafty Woman ~ Show & Share @ Southern Lovely ~ Wildly Original Link Party @ I Gotta Create ~ Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage ~ Creative Juice Thursday @ Momnivore's Dilemma ~ Link Party @ The 36th Ave ~ BFF Open House Link Party @ The Answer Is Chocolate ~ Delicately Constructed @ Delicate Construction ~ Anything Goes Linky @ Bacon Time ~ Weekend Bloggy Reading @ Serenity Now ~ Free for All @ Young & CraftyWeekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots & Jello ~ Strut Your Stuff Saturday @ Six Sisters' Stuff Show & Tell Saturday @ Be Different Act Normal ~ Think Pink Sunday @ Flamingo Toes ~ Sunday Show Off Link Party @ Twigg Studios ~ Sundae Scoop Link Party @ I Heart Nap Time ~



Thank you for featuring me!!!

Someday I'll Learn



15 comments:

  1. OMG I love those! What fun!! You could make those for so many things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! This makes me want to try and do this with some glasses :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them! They would make me laugh so hard when I got to the bottom of a drink and realized they were there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! What a fun idea especially as a gift! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! Thanks for a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha! I love these! It would be great for April Fools for my family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are hysterical and super-awesome! I need to think of a friend that would appreciate these so I can make them... : )

    -Mel the Crafty Scientist

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome - really great! I too am a fan of secret surprises, so this really made me smile. Hope you can stop by the enchanted oven to say hi.
    xo,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are hilarious! So mischievous ;) Pinned 'em!

    Thanks so much for linking up,
    <3 Christina @ I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! That a great idea that would really put a smile on someone's face!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Visiting from the Tater Tots and Jello party! These are utterly hilarious and I totally want to do some.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's such a great idea! I have the etching stuff and Circut. Is that how you made the stencils? Can I make them with my Circut and vinyl?? Want to try this!
    Karen

    http://shabbybrocante.blogspot.com/2013/02/spring-centerpiece.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad I ran across this! I just imagined the whole thing... the look on my husbands face and everything hahahaha... I don't have a cricut, but I think I'll be investing in one sooner than later! Pinning this one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these! What a great gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hy-ster-ical!!!! I love stuff like this & my boys would get such a kick out of it. Thanks for sharing such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...