Friday, September 23, 2011

It's Fall, Ya'll!!!

When I began plotting the wreaths that I was going to be making for the fall/Halloween season, I asked my Mom if she wanted a fall wreath of a Halloween wreath. I wasn't surprised when she said she wanted a fall wreath, since she it's something she didn't have to change out until after Thanksgiving and it's time to pull out the Christmas decor. 

So I kept my eye out for fall wreath ideas and ran across this idea on Pinterest.  I figured it would be pretty easy to find fake pumpkins at the craft store, so it would be the perfect idea. That's when the search began. It wasn't too hard to find the pumpkins, but they were either too big, or they were grouped with gourds as well, so you would have to buy more packages just to get the amount of pumpkins that were necessary. 

I spent one Sunday afternoon searching two different dollar stores, before deciding on a whim to check out Craft Warehouse. Of course, since that was the last place I checked that was where I found exactly what I needed. And they were even on sale! 

I decided to keep my pumpkins orange, since my parents front door is white. I took my flat wreath ring and painted it bronze. It won't really show very much from the front, but I still wanted it to match the ribbon I was using. Then I glued on my loop of ribbon that I was using for a hanger. Then I laid my pumpkins out on the wreath form to position them before I glued them down with my trusty glue gun, Debra.



I'm so proud of this bow!




Pretty, isn't it?

I'm so happy with how it turned out. It's a really simple idea, but it's very autumn-ish. And I'm so proud of my bow! I feel like I'm getting much better at making bows. 


I do have one more picture for you guys. 




My parents have a screen door on their front door, which is essential for when strangers come to the door to keep my parents' 95 pound Pitbull from rushing out the door to greet people. It's not conductive to picture taking, however. So once I had the wreath hung and went to take pictures, I needed the door to stay open. Since Kirra came outside to see what I was doing, I had her hold the door for me. Such a great little assistant! 

Happy first day of Autumn!  



I was featured!!!






I'm sharing this project at the following link parties: 










































18 comments:

  1. Yes, it is pretty AND perfect for the new season! I love simple to make wreaths, they make me happy! Such a welcome touch to your door!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so pretty - I love the simplicity of it!
    How did you decide on Debra for your glue gun? I'm one to talk--my sewing machine is named Lola :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wreath is adorable. Pinterest is inspirational isn't it. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wreath is beautiful... The little pumpkins make it look so cute. Pinning it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a cool wreath of pumpkins! Thanks for stopping over at my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! How creative. I love that you named your glue gun! Mine doesn't have a name yet, but my sewing machine is named Gladys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This really is striking! You rocks the wreaths it seems! :) Hope you have a great rest of the week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Cute! I hope you will link up to my Wickedly Creative Halloween Ideas Party.
    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're pumpkin wreath turned out absolutely stunning. I love the ribbon as well. Would love to have you link this up to the Scatter Girls Fall Porch Link Up Party- going on right now! http://scattergirls.blogspot.com/2011/09/fall-porch-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. great wreath! I am really wishing that we had a craft wharehouse in utah! I am thinking that I could have too much fun there!
    Awesome job!!
    Have a happy week!

    Tausha
    sassystyleredesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That turned out soooo cute! Very festive, and I like that you left them orange. I'd love for you to link it to my pumpkin craft challenge this week, going on now. :)

    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/fall-craft-challenge-4-pumpkins.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute wreath! I made a fall wreath too. Here is the link if you want to check it out. Blessings, Nicole

    www.nicole-blissfullyblessed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really cute! There are so many fall wreaths out there it is hard to pick just one to make. I really like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sooo pretty! Sometimes it's the simple things that are the most beautiful. Thanks for linking up at Etcetorize~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how that turned out!! And fabulous job on that bow girl!!
    Thanks againg for partying with us at Show & Share!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another wreath I love from you. I am featuring this one too on Thurs afternoon at Bacon Time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cute...I love those itty bitty pumpkins! :)

    ReplyDelete

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...