Friday, June 10, 2011

What I Found In No Man's Land...

No Man's Land was the phrase that Amazing Boyfriend named my sewing table not too long after we moved into the basement. Sadly, he was right. My sewing machine tucks into the table, so the top can be used as a desk. Not long after we moved in it became a catch all for mail, receipts, random crafting supplies, hair things, etc. 
 
I am here to tell you that my sewing table is No Man's Land no more! 
  
I cleaned off my desk so that I could un-bury my sewing machine because I had a few several projects that I needed it for. 
 
In the process of cleaning off my sewing table I found this. 

 
A little spray paint, a little vinyl and now it looks like this. 
 


Much better, don't you think?

I'm going to use it as a dish to put my hair pins in since right now they're hanging out in a little pile on my dresser, and my round twisty pins keep rolling off and falling on the floor. What a great solution!

  I'm sharing this project at the following link parties: 



























11 comments:

  1. Super cute! Love the color you choose- it will really come in handy to store all your hair accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm glad you cleaned off that sewing machine, cause this is too cute! Very nice catch-all for your accessories!

    gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I know where you're at with the hair pins. I swear my apartment must be where bobby pins go to die hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I have a no man's land too - a bit of a dumping zone that I have to spend 15 mins cleaning before i begin to create. I really like the colours that you have chosen in your saucer, and the image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute stencil, where'd you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGoodness, that is perfect! Beautifully perfect! I love it!
    Jenni
    kissedbyafrog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. no man's land...I think we all have one! Thanks for linking this to Wicked Awesome Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! The vinyl tree makes it look so perfect. :)

    Cheers,
    Tracy Screaming Sardine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that colour and the tree image... such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dish looks lovely, just a little bit of paint and some tlc...makes a huge difference,

    ReplyDelete

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...